Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
The Winter season is already upon us, but that does not mean that home maintenance goes into hibernation! Here are a few items to consider as you check-off your home’s to-do list.
Have You Checked These Items Off Your List?
- Check insulation (any rooms colder than other areas of the home or difficulty regulating the temperature can be signs of insulation issues)
- Replace HVAC Filters
- Check Smoke Detectors
- Vacuum Fridge Coils
- Set Ceiling Fans to Clockwise
- Clean Range Hood and Filter
- Set Heat to 65F or Higher
- Clean Garbage Disposal and Drains
- Inspect Fire Extinguisher
- Prepare for Snow (locate and inspect ice scrapers, snow shovels, etc)
- Insulate Hot Water Tank (if your tank permits)
- Remove Window Screens
- Install Storm Windows and Doors
This list is certainly not comprehensive, but hopefully it helps you get started on creating your own seasonal to-do list!
Questions about finding your dream home? Contact us today for a FREE consultation and guidance for selling or buying a home in Central Kentucky!