Small Town Charm: Versailles, Kentucky
Settled in the midst of beautiful horse farms and historic distilleries, this small town was the backdrop for the filming of multiple movies! (including the film Elizabethtown) Quaint historic buildings line the small downtown main street, while a sprawling city has developed in the surrounding countryside.
With a population of 9,215, Versailles is on the larger side of small towns (by our self-imposed limit of 10k or less). This means that Versailles offers the best of both worlds! You can enjoy the charming small-town vibes on main street, with historic horse farms nestled nearby, and modern mainstream amenities only moments away.
What’s to Love:
- Local Parks & Trails: Versailles not only has local outdoor parks, dog parks, and walking trails, but they also have a public activity center with a walking track, exercise facility, and aquatic facilities!
- Historic Sites: The bluegrass railroad, thoroughbred horse farms, and local distilleries are all major reasons to take the scenic route through Versailles.
- Live Music & the Arts: During the warmer months, many of the areas local restaurants, vineyards, and breweries offer live music. Favorite: Wildside Winery is a local vineyard that has also created seasonal drive-in events, so you can enjoy the music or show on the vineyard lawn!
- Festivals: Versailles' Twilight Festival is an annual festival held every August in the middle of old downtown (main street)- it's a wonderful introducation to all that Versailles has to offer!
- Farmer’s Market: Woodford county (the home of Versailles) boasts multiple farmers markets with a wide array of local produce and vendors that you don’t want to miss!*
- Local Shops: If you love small town shops, check out Versailles' Boutiques, gift shops, and antique galleries, or pick up a bouqet at the local florists.
- Local Eats: Because Versailles is on the larger side of small-towns (but not lacking the small town charm!), you can find everything from small boutique cafes downtown, to larger establishments as well. Some favorites include Wallace Station cafe, Ricardo’s Grill & Pub, and The Amsden coffee shop located on Main Street.
- Schools: Versailles is in the Woodford county school system, and offers private school educations as well! Always double check the school zoning, if that's important to your home search, before you purchase a new home as it can change.
- Healthcare: Local medical clinics such as urgent treatment facilities, physical therapy and rehab, as well as primary care physicians can all be found within this small town. However, if you have the desire or need for more healthcare options, Versailles is conveniently located within 13 miles of Lexington’s array of providers.
- Safety Rating: Versailles received an A+ crime rating (compared to national averages) by areavibes.com . Always check your local and state law enforcement websites for updated crime and safety information for your specific area before purchasing a home!
Homes for Sale in Versailles
- Average Home Cost: The average of homes sold in 2020 were approx 2,353 sq ft, selling for an average of $284,996
- Number of Days on Market (DOM): Homes in Versailles sold in an average of 31 days in the 2020 real estate market.
Homes in Versailles are limited in quantity and sell quickly- so make sure that you connect with one of our area specialists to help you find your next home!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this fourth installment of Kentucky Small Town Charm. Please leave us a comment to suggest your favorite Kentucky small town for a future feature!
Check out our recent articles about the real estate market in central Kentucky and let us help you find your next dream home!
*All activities and events are subject to cancelation or change