Lexington's Top Breakfast Spots (Must-Try!)
Breakfast lovers rejoice! Today we’re highlighting a few of Lexington’s top breakfast spots that you do NOT want to miss.
Whether you’re looking for savory southern comfort food, european style bakeries, or allergy-friendly options for the family- we have something for you!
Savory Breakfast Picks:
- DV8 Kitchen (Central Lexington): this fun, informal breakfast and lunch spot boasts a full bakery and kitchen with daily provisions that include fresh breads and pastries to savory sandwiches and tots. This local favorite has something for everyone.
- Ramsey’s Diner (Multiple Locations): notorious for their big breakfast, Ramsey’s Diner offers a full menu that stars Southern home-cooking and an all-American diner atmosphere. Just be prepared to eat a large meal if you order the big breakfast because no sharing is allowed, or stop by for a local classic: the hot brown.
- Josie’s Restaurant (Central Lexington): Josie’s is a favorite for pancakes, waffles, savory breakfasts and sandwiches. If you’re looking for mainstream American brunch options with local flair, give this gem a visit today. They even offer gluten-free pancakes and low carb options upon request.
- Doodles Breakfast & Lunch (Downtown): If you’re feeling a little more adventurous, consider the creole-infused breakfast and lunch options at Doodles. Some of the house favorites include shrimp and cheese grits, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and beignets!
Bakeries & Sweet Eats:
- Magee’s Bakery (Central Lexington): A longstanding local favorite that has been ”dishing up coffee, pastries & sandwiches since 1956”- they know a thing or two about breakfast! Living up to their reputation as a favorite breakfast spot, pleasing both savory and sweet breakfast-goers alike. The rustic-chic bakery atmosphere, offering a full menu with everything from donuts to sandwiches.
- European Delights (South Lexington/Nicholasville): The name says it all- this gourmet bakery is sure to delight both your eyes and taste buds alike. Enjoy the decadent bakery items and espresso bar with the calming zen-like atmosphere of the cafe, or grab your coffee and croissant to-go! Although the menu is limited, this little gem offers quality bakes and gourmet cakes that keep people coming back for more.
- Gluten-Free Miracles Bakery (Central Lexington): Allergies or dietary limitations? You may want to check out this little gem that originally started with a mom who desired to make baked-goods for her gluten-free child to enjoy. Offering savory and sweet options, the menu may be small (just like the shop) - but offers special delights from gluten-free cinnamon rolls to buttery biscuits and sandwiches. Limited vegan and paleo options available too! Limited seating.
- Spalding Bakery & Donuts (Central Lexington): looking for some seriously good donuts? Look no further than this historic spot famous among the locals. Just be prepared to arrive early and wait in line, or you might miss out! This old-school donut shop (established in 1929!) only accepts cash payment and closes for the day when they sell out. To-go orders only.
*If you’re looking for a donut shop that accepts credit cards, has dine-in seating, and a coffee bar, you may want to check-out the newer kid on the block- North Lime Donuts!